Restaurant Insurance Information
Restaurant & Liquor Liability Insurance in Kennesaw & Acworth, Georgia
For more than 30 years, D. Ward Insurance has provided business owners with quality commercial policy options designed to make your operations secure from multiple potential hazards. If you are a restaurant owner looking for coverage, then come to us. We’ve helped countless Cobb County and northwest Georgia residents get the appropriate coverage, so let us help you too.
For help putting together the restaurant insurance portfolio that is best for you, all you have to do is call one of our dedicated agents at (770) 974-0670. You can also request your free no-obligationquote by clicking below:
Restaurant owners have a lot of specific insurance needs. Not only do you need to insure your operations from standard commercial property risks and liabilities, but you also have to make your insurance portfolio specific to those food service establishments.
What is restaurant insurance?
With the assistance of restaurant insurance, you can reduce the personal financial impact of many hazardous events on your property, such as:
Severe weather, fire or other occurrences that damage the property & contents inside.
Lawsuits brought by customers and others who claim that your services harmed them.
Lost income, food and productivity due to equipment malfunctions.
Dishonest practices by employees or others who cause harm to your clients.
Your insurance package can guarantee that you will be able to move on from these accidents without a financial loss that could impact your business’s long-term sustainability.
What types of insurance are necessary for your restaurant?
You’ll usually need several types of insurance to adequately cover your restaurant, such as:
Commercial property insurance
General liability insurance (property damage, bodily injury, products/completed operations, advertising injury)
Business interruption insurance
Equipment breakdown coverage
Workers’ compensation insurance
Employment practices liability insurance
Cyber liability insurance
Commercial auto insurance
Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)
Employee dishonesty coverage
Your D. Ward agent will work carefully with you to determine the policy options best suited to you.
Some restaurant owners qualify for a business owners policy (BOP) which can form the foundation of their commercial insurance package.
Under a BOP, you receive commercial property, general liability and business interruption coverage in one package and at one price. You can then add specialty policy endorsements into the BOP, and buy separate coverage, to grow and expand your coverage.
Liquor Liability Insurance
When customizing your restaurant insurance to your satisfaction, you’ll need to consider whether your business sells alcohol or liquor of any kind. If you do, then you assume a special degree of liability, and will therefore need to buy specialized liquor liability insurance.
What does liquor liability insurance cover?
Alcohol is a harmful substance when used to excess. Therefore, when you serve it to your diners, you’ll assume responsibility for their safety and the safety of others who might experience harm as a result of their actions. Liquor liability insurance helps you cover the costs of others who experience harm due to the fact that you supplied the alcohol that contributed to the accident.
Why do I need liquor liability coverage?
When someone consumes alcohol, they might become intoxicated to the extent that they cause harm to others. For example, someone who drives drunk might cause a wreck that injures a third party.
That person might sue the restaurant for their injury costs, property damage and other losses. Liquor liability insurance will provide you with substantial assistance in settling the damage costs with those affected because of your mistake.
How much does restaurant coverage & liquor liability insurance cost?
There are countless ways to assemble restaurant insurance and liquor liability coverage portfolios. Coupled with the risks the insurer compares when developing your policy, your chosen policy options, package eligibility, chosen coverage limits and deductibles might all influence your rates.
Our agents are happy to work with you to review your restaurant insurance options to find the coverage that offers your optimized coverage coupled with affordability.
Call or Submit a Quote
- Employment practices liability: Protects against lawsuits for various employee complaints including discrimination, provided the treatment was not willful.
- Spoilage coverage: Provides payment if power is lost or equipment malfunctions and the perishable food on hand spoils.
- Equipment breakdown: Covers the cost of repair for equipment that has broken down including cookers, refrigerators and air conditioning units. It's worthwhile to note that if the breakdown occurs due to lack of proper maintenance, the claim may not be covered.
- Workers compensation insurance: This pays for medical expenses and some lost wages should an employee be injured on the job.
- Business continuation insurance: Provides ongoing income in the event that your business is forced to shut down. Alternatively, it could pay for some of the expenses of temporary relocation of your restaurant.
- Liquor legal liability insurance: This can help pay legal expenses and claims brought by individuals who may be injured by a customer who was drinking in your establishment.
- Umbrella insurance: If the business is sued and the loss exceeds your limits under your standard primary policies, "All" of your assets could be exposed. Umbrella insurance is an inexpensive way to protect your business.
D. Ward Insurance since 1988
Office: 770-974-0670 | email@example.com
Location Map and driving direction