Restaurant Insurance Information
Restaurants need appropriate business insurance to help protect their financial well-being. With the right business insurance, you can tailor your restaurant insurance coverage to meet the potential needs of your company.
The agents at D. Ward Insurance Services in Kennesaw, Georgia, are ready to help you understand your restaurant insurance options.
Why Restaurants Need Insurance
Running a busy restaurant is a huge responsibility, but some variables are outside of your control. Kitchen fires, vandalism, equipment malfunctions and severe weather could cause financial harm to your business.
Restaurant insurance can help you handle potential lawsuits, make necessary repairs after a covered event and even replace lost income if you must temporarily close. Having appropriate business insurance for your restaurant can help lessen the financial impact of many unexpected events.
What Is Covered by Restaurant Insurance?
As a business owner, you have many options for restaurant insurance coverage. Your agent may recommend that you start with the following basic coverages:
- Commercial auto liability insurance is required by your state’s laws if you use a vehicle in the day-to-day operations of your restaurant. Your agent may also recommend that you insure your company’s vehicles by adding comprehensive and collision coverage to your commercial auto policy.
- Property insurance helps pay to repair or replace your buildings and possessions after a covered accident or incident.
- Commercial general liability (CGL) coverage helps cover costs if one of your customers becomes ill, is injured or suffers property damage, and your restaurant is legally liable for damages.
- Workers’ compensation insurance may be mandatory according to state laws, depending on how many people you employ and whether they work full- or part-time for your restaurant. This policy helps pay medical bills and may provide limited wage replacement if one of your workers becomes ill or is injured in a work-related incident.
- Equipment breakdown insurance helps pay to repair or replace necessary machinery, such as freezers, ice machines, stoves and refrigerators.
- Business interruption coverage helps pay everyday bills if you must temporarily close your restaurant to allow for repairs after a covered event.
- Food spoilage protection helps pay to replace lost food if an equipment malfunction causes spoilage.
- Cyber liability coverage helps cover costs after a cyber attack or data breach and may include the expenses of notifying customers of the breach, recovering lost data, litigation and more.
- Liquor liability insurance helps pay expenses associated with property damage claims or bodily injury claims if someone consumes alcohol at your restaurant and is injured or causes an accident.
Get the Restaurant Insurance You Need
Having property insurance for your restaurant is one way to help protect your company’s financial stability. Contact D. Ward Insurance Services today to get coverage tailored to your restaurant’s unique needs.
Call or Submit a Quote
D. Ward Insurance since 1988
Office: 770-974-0670 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Location Map and driving direction